Sunday, April 1

a minor obsession




I have several of these around my house. I never thought that when I married Matt one of his favorite things to do would be to organize our bookshelves. It's rather a hobby, really. I find it so funny that when he suggests getting a new bookshelf the proposal includes how he will be able to use the new one as more of a decorative element instead of just a functional one. Truth is, we could use a new bookshelf. In fact I think it's a great idea because my small obsession is collecting cookbooks. This small white cabinet is just for me (minus the occasional trophy or Spanish bible) and I store only my cookbooks in it. I find myself sitting down in front of it with the door swung open while I sift through idea after idea, and getting overwhelmed by all of the things I need to be doing and inevitably will never have the time. I'm constantly amazed at the amount of food that needs to be made.

I think I may be in trouble, because my Amazon wish list is 20 pages long and 450 items strong. Most of that is cookbooks. It's time to approach Amazon and ask if they take wooden nickels.






No comments: