Thursday, February 23

Beehive Bazaar




I really wanted to share this with you. I mean geez, I talked it up so much... Matt was a meanie and had school the night I went to set up, so I was on my own. It took almost two hours to set up how I wanted. It's difficult to plan what you're going to do when you don't even know what the venue looks like. Luckily for me I had a random wooden ledge right by my space to give the table some dimension. So I stacked stuff on there. Here is what was on the menu:

3 packs of Macarons: chocolate mint, gingerbread, and cranberry spice
Chocolate Bark: milk chocolate with toffee, and dark chocolate Mendiant (golden raisins, dried cherries, pistachios, and almonds-toasted, of course)
Hot Chocolate Sticks (so cute! perfect for winter yumminess): milk chocolate spice (cinnamon), and dark chocolate.
Boxes of truffles. Hand-rolled, super rich, and super fancy. It was hostess gift ready!
3 flavor packs of Marshmallows: chocolate, peppermint, and vanilla. Imagine those big fluffy pillows of sugar in your hot chocolate.

I can't even tell you how much work this was-in fact, my birthday was only three days before I had to set up and I spent the whole night packaging and tying ribbon. Frown. Getting older is so boring. I was pretty happy with the outcome though. I def think it could have had some improvements, but I really didn't know what I was doing for an event like this. Especially with food. You have to make it fresh! No making and storing weeks in advance like jewelry or something. It was SO MUCH WORK. I blame it on my inability to know when to stop. Once I get an idea I keep building and building on it, and then improving, and then improving on my improvements before the other improvements were even made. I'm basically just crazy that's all. I hope to be able to share more of my wacky brain in the upcoming months. It's a nice outlet for me.

I did pretty well. My goal was to sell out and I only had a few of each when I showed up to clear my stuff. It felt pretty good to see that table almost empty, and that meant less to lug home! Because seriously, if you think about it, if I don't sell leftovers, it totally goes to waste. I can't just save it for the next time. That's the one thing about working with food-potential for a lot of waste. Oh and one thing, if you see macarons in a package, DON'T POKE 'EM! They're delicate! It's sad to see them crushed.

ta-ta!















No comments: