Sunday, November 8

Fondant Cakes

well hello. I'm trying really hard to not wait so long to post, but geez... So this is the next installment of my decorated cakes class. This was the fondant cakes part. It's what you'd think of for wedding cakes, etc. A lot people think this is what the program focuses mostly on, but it's really just a small part of it. There's so much more to what I've been doing the last 7 months!

However, I LOVED this class. I could have sat and done this all day if I'd had the chance. Maybe that's a sign to pursue this? I don't know. I'm still figuring out what I want to do with all I've been learning, but, at least I'm narrowing it down. Yay for decorated cakes.


This was a project with a partner. One of the challenges in this class and the program, was that we always had a partner in every class. It can be especially tough in a creative class like this one to agree on a design. Luckily my partner and I saw almost eye to eye. Those flowers are made out of gumpaste. They were part of our grade. We had to make those by hand.






This was my very favorite. I was able to do this one on my own.

2 comments:

Salty Gal said...

wow, those look amazing!

Michelle said...

I just came across your blog and saw these pictures of your cakes!! Those look awesome!! I've always wanted to do that!!