Tuesday, February 5

High Centered

Matt and I got stuck in the snow on Sunday night. We were going to my mom’s house where it had been snowing all day. It was thick, heavy and slushy wet snow. I was complaining because he was driving too fast for the slick roads, and he was complaining that I was telling him how to drive again. We were just about to pull into the driveway when I wanted him to drive through some fresh snow that was still untouched in the street. He passed it but turned around. He missed it again, so he turned and did the ‘pull the emergency break to slide into the turn’ thing, and what do you know, we got stuck right in front of some guys driveway.

He got so mad. He blamed it on me of course. I told him he didn’t have to pull a MacGyver just to turn around. He got out and stomped around a bit while I laughed. We weren’t just stuck we were high centered on the snow. We got shovels from my mom’s house and started digging. The only truck that passed by, well, just passed by. A neighbor finally stopped and helped us push. 30 minutes later we were in the driveway where we should have been in the first place.

No comments: